Tuesday, July 2, 2013

17 months old!

Luke is now 17 months old and there has been an explosion of words:  up!  I want down! 1-2-3!  Go down! I want water! Pllleeeeaaassseee!  He shakes his head no for yes and yes for no.  Silly boy. 

Something I forgot until Baby Jacob came along- Luke used to always have his meltdown hour.  He was fed, he had slept, he didn't want to be held, didn't want to rock, just wanted to cry.  So every day, usually around 5 pm, we let him cry.  At first, it was painful. Because natural reaction is to make baby better and try to soothe him.  But once we learned there was nothing we could do, the better it was for everyone.  I think about sweet Charlie dog.  He would look at us like ' What is going on- please go help that kid!!'  But Luke needed to get whatever it was out of his system and there was no stopping him. 

And since he turned 17 months old, that seems like forever ago.  I think of him now only crying when he's hungry or tired.   But then I was reminded of it, and man, it took me right back there and it doesn't truly seem that long ago. 

We get out of the car when we get home from Pam's and he loves to stop and smell the flowers.  Except he recently has started to try to eat the flowers. 

Maybe mommy won't notice me trying to sneak a bite!
 
 
 
We are gearing up for the 4th of July and our Brown County get away!! Should be fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment