Wednesday, August 2, 2017

And just like that...he's in Kindergarten

First day did NOT go as expected.  Leading up to school, Luke was really excited.  We had the ice cream social, met his teacher, parent night, assesments- so he was used to the school and we got word that 4 of his little buddies would be in the SAME classroom!! I know change is hard and scary but figured he's get a little nervous, then be fine. 
Wrong.
He woke up a little skeptical but not too bad. We tried to hype it up with out making him so worried.  Well, time for a picture for his first day and he LOST it. So I'm like buddy, it's ok.  Daddy was there too and sisters were all hamming it up and excited for him.  Finally after a talking to, it was time to walk down to the bus stop.  So we all went, and nope, he wasn't having any of it.  It broke my heart to see my outgoing so fun little guy be so sad.  I hadn't planned on going to the school after he got dropped off, but plans changed.  Thankfully when we got on the bus, Luke tightly gripped to my leg, we saw Sophie, Aida, and his friend Roman.  Roman is the sweetest little boy that is starting kindergarten, too.  Roman was waving and saying "Luke, sit by me!'  So Luke warmed up a little, got him off my leg, and away they went.
I stopped by the school to see if he got off ok and lined up with his teacher.  They encourage you to do that for kindergartners first day.  So I did and was so relieved he was happy and excited.  Whew! I knew he would be but glad for confirmation.
First Day :(


When he got home from school he was going about a million miles a minute and his volume was so loud.  He had SO MUCH fun.  He loved PE,  lunch, his class room, his teacher....everything.  Even the bus ride!!    He was exhausted and went to bed with sweet dreams and excited for Day 2.

So excited that he woke up at 5 am and had brushed his teeth, put his clothes on, came into our room and said 'mommy, I'm all ready to go!'   So we went back to sleep until 7 ish and couldn't wait to get to the bus stop.  'mommy, how many more minutes!' 

Day 2 :)

This guy is going places and going to do great things!! We love you, Luke Russell!!! So proud of my big, brave boy!  xoxox 



No comments:

Post a Comment