Tuesday, August 28, 2012

He'll always be my baby

I love music, mostly country.  I love the stories they tell.  I love to imagine the 'video' of my life in the words.  I love to just really listen.  It's a whole world of possibilities. 

When I was pregnant with Luke (and didn't it know it was baby boy Luke at the time!)I kept hearing 'All American Girl' by Carrie Underwood, Brooks & Dunn ''Til you put a girl in it', and Keith Urban's 'I wanna kiss a girl'.  So I thought those were signs I was having a girl. Wrong.  But I, too, kept hearing 'Dream Weaver', Blake Shelton's 'God gave me you' and Elvis' 'Follow that Dream'.  Those were my songs that gave me hope that this baby really was coming.  Now that Luke is here, no joke, I hear Sara Evan's 'You'll Always Be My Baby' like all.the.time.   And every darn time I can't get through this last verse.  Man, tear jerker. 

"There he is, my little man
I’m sure he'll get in trouble every now and then
And I pray to God that when he does
I’ll be just as understanding, as my father was
'Cause the last thing that I wanna do
Is let him down
So instead of being angry I’m gonna
throw my arms around him and I’ll say


In the sunlight or the rain
Brightest nights or darkest days
I'll always feel the same way
Whatever road you may be on
Know you're never too far gone
My love is there, wherever you may be
Just remember that you'll always be my baby"


And then a little of  George Strait's 'I saw God today' - whoa,  bring on the Kleenex!

Happy 7 months birthday to my little man!!   Pics & stats soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment